In this article, you will learn what camping heater is the best and what to look for when choosing one.
Camping in the winter can be a lot more fun for many. But the challenge comes when you want to stay warm at the campsite. Spending the night out there during the cold weather is quite uncomfortable. One of the ways to keep yourself warm during camping is by investing in a good camping heater.
Camping heaters are designed to keep your camper in perfect temperatures to ensure you have an excellent camping experience.
To get you started, we have a guide to the best camping heaters in the market today and information on how you can find the right camping heater for your needs.
This is a portable camping heater that is designed to fit all types of tents and campers. It can provide 4,000-9,000 BTU radiant heat up to 225 square feet. It comes with an auto shut-off feature that turns the heater off when you tip over or when it detects low oxygen levels. This heater has a fold-down handle that makes it easy to use. The heater comes with a hose attached to propane tanks to enable it to run throughout the night. The good thing about this camping heater is that it does not burn through the propane too quickly.
- The heater has a clean and quiet function.
- Portable and compact, weighing 9.5 lbs.
- Easy to use. Comes with a fold in the handle and ignited controls.
- The package does not include propane.
- Long usage of propane can be uncomfortable.
This camping heater has a fan-shaped design that is effective, portable, and easy to operate. It comes with a single control knob that helps with adjusting the heat. The maximum heat output is 2890 BTUs, which is ideal for small campers or tents. For your safety, the heather is enhanced with an auto-shutoff fuel valve. It has an aluminum reflector cupping that ensures all the heat is well distributed around the space. The heater weighs about a pound and can produce a lot of heat that you need when camping during the winter.
- Small and lightweight for traveling.
- Easily attaches to a disposable propane fuel cylinder for convenience.
- The heater does not shut off immediately when you tip it over.
- It does not come with a low oxygen sensor.
This is a catalytic propane camping heater that is designed for both indoor and outdoor use. It has a metal body construction that enables you to mount it on your camper. Though it takes time to heat, it maintains comfortable temperatures once it’s heated. It comes with a safety shut off valve for your safety. This prevents accidental non-ignition and acts as a low oxygen sensor.
One of the reasons why this camping heater is used by most campers is because the radiant heat produced creates a comfortable, warm feeling similar to solar radiation. It comes with adjustable heat settings for fuel-efficiency.
- It can be mounted on the wall or used as a portable unit.
- It has a full metal construction that is durable and reliable.
- Installation and set up is easy since it comes with all the accessories needed.
- Takes 20-30 minutes to heat the space, which is quite slow.
- Starting the heater can be challenging and time-consuming.
This is a compact indoor-safe propane camping heater. The dimensions of this heater are 12 x 9.75 x 5 inches and weigh about 5.85 lbs. It comes with an oxygen depletion sensor and a safety shut-off feature. It has an 8-inch handle that is extremely stable, making transportation easy. The heater is designed with a 45-degree catalytic burner that produces odor-free heat. It comes with a built-in Piezoelectric igniter that ensures you have matchless ignition.
- The heater produces odor-free heat for up to five hours.
- It is lightweight, compact, and has a foldable handle that takes very little storage space.
- It comes with a built-in Piezo igniter.
- It does not have adjustable heating levels.
- The heater does not have enough safety features compared to other options.
This is a quick to assemble, outdoor use propane camping heater. The double tank heater is made from durable steel materials that protect it from harsh outdoors. This heater can be connected up to 5 to 20 lbs propane cylinders. Additionally, the heater is lightweight, and you can carry it anywhere. It measures 16.8 x 6.5 x x16 inches and weighs about 5 lbs. It comes with adjustable heating levels, and the heat output ranges from 10,000 to 30,000 BTUs. One of the best features of this heater is that it is more efficient and does not consume propane quickly.
- Comes with two heaters for effective heating on the surrounding.
- It is fuel-efficient.
- Comes with different adjustable heating levels.
- Does not have an inbuilt Piezo igniter.
- It does not come with a propane tank. You will need to purchase it separately.
What to Look for When Choosing Camping Heaters
A good quality camping heater will be loaded with various safety features. You should go for heaters with auto-shutoff features, oxygen depletion sensors, and tip over switches.
When choosing a camping heater, ensure you know how much heat it can produce. Most heaters have a heat output of 1000 to 5000 BTUs, which are perfect for winter camping.
Size and Portability
The best camping heaters should have a compact size, lightweight for ease of portability. When going for long trips, you should buy a smaller camping heater that will not occupy a lot of space and easy to carry around.
It is vital that you choose a camping heater that is quiet in operation. A noisy heater will not only affect your sleep but also for other campers.
When camping, you should be able to adjust the heat levels to suit your requirements. If it’s too cold, you should increase the heat output and reduce it when you do not need a lot of heat. Moreover, adjustable heaters will consume less fuel compared to those without adjustable heat levels.
Camping in the winter season provides more serenity and fun. Staying warm in the evenings should not be challenging with the top-rated camping heaters. You can now pick the best camping heater for your next camping trip while keeping in mind the safety guidelines.
This post contains affiliate links. mylisthero.com may receive compensation for purchases made through these links.