Best Telescopes For Viewing Planets and Galaxies?
A simple way to study and appreciate the universe that surrounds us. By exploring the sky and all the truly remarkably objects found within it you can only begin to grasp the beauty and possibilities the cosmos can actually offer. Trying to find the best telescopes for viewing planets and galaxies can be a bit tricky feat. This list can help you with your buying decision if you are in the market.
A telescope is so much more than just an astronomical tool. They are also viewed as our link to the planets and stars as well as the galaxies located beyond them.
Available in a wide range of different models that offer a host of possible features. Adding a high-quality telescope to your life, you’ll instantly begin to feel how you fit into the universe as a whole.
Choosing the right telescope allows any user from a beginner to an expert to see just what they want from the sky. Different sized apertures, stands, mounts and more; often make picking a telescope difficult for beginners. Understanding key features will help deciding what type of telescope fit your needs.
Which telescope is best for you and your needs? Follow below to see our list of the best telescopes that will bring amazing views for nights to come.
Top 5 Telescopes For Viewing Planets And Galaxies
A fully automated and truly innovative way to see the universe up close and personal. The Celestron NexStar 8 SE Telescope is great for beginners and experienced star gazers.
Designed with a large 8-inch aperture that allows this telescope to gather an impressive amount of light for viewing planets and even galaxies if desired.
As being one of the best telescopes for viewing planets and galaxies. The Celestron Nexstar 8 SE comes complete with SkyAlign technology. This model offers several different alignment procedures including: SkyAlign, Auto 2-Star Align, 1-Star Align, 2-Star Align and Solar System Align.
Held in place via a unique single-form arm design along with a steel tripod, both of which break down into separate components for transport.
- Locates and tracks more than 40,000 celestial objects.
- The telescope aligns and is ready to observe the sky in only minutes.
- The eyepiece is comfortable and ease to use.
- Great choice to view planets and even galaxies
- The accessories that are compatible with this telescope are made of plastic which is easy to break.
- Short battery life.
Perfect for a beginner or intermediate star gazer. The Orion SpaceProbe 130ST Equatorial Reflector Telescope comes with everything you need to begin exploring the skies above.
A truly versatile model for use, this telescope features a 24” long portable short optical tube that boasts an f/5 focal ratio for a wide field of view anyone can appreciate.
Complete with a 5.1-inch aperture with a parabolic reflector. This set up gathers a truly ample amount of light for viewing planets, moons, galaxies, nebulas and more.
The Orion SpaceProbe 130ST includes two different eyepieces that allow you to personalize your viewing experience.
- Includes a sturdy EQ-2 equatorial mount and an adjustable tripod for smooth movement every time.
- Weights only 27 pounds once assembled for easy transport.
- Comes with Starry Night Special Edition software installed on it for use.
- User find it easy to view the planets
- The included instructions do not explain how to set up the telescope in a clear and concise manner.
- The eyepiece that comes with the telescope does not provide an incredibly detailed view.
Just the telescope any beginning astronomer needs, this Celestron AstroMaster 114 EQ Reflector Telescope offers a sharp, detailed view and is incredibly easy to use.
Includes everything you need to start your stargazing adventure, including; two eyepieces, a red-dot finder scope and even free Starry Night software as well.
This telescope is capable of gathering and providing impressive amounts of light for use. It also offers three times more light than comparable 60mm models ideal for beginners of all kinds.
A compact and portable design that still provides the user with powerful optics all in a somewhat small and simple to use package.
- Complete with a total weight of 17 lbs. for true portability to nearly any location for use.
- The included EQ mount helps track objects through the sky smoothly.
- Easy no-tool set-up allows nearly any user to view the stars, planets and distant sky objects above.
- The star pointer is not easy to use.
- Not usable for astrophotography.
A versatile and easy to use telescope, this Gskyer 600x900mm Refractor Telescope allows any user to easily view the sky, or distant locations on the ground if necessary.
Providing the user with truly clear, crisp views, this model offers an antireflection coating that protects your eyes as well as high power eyepieces for use.
A great unit even for a novice to use. This model doesn’t require tools for set-up and is quick and simple to focus. Quickly begin exploring the planets in our solar system.
Includes a full, size adjustable tripod that is crafted from a strong and durable stainless-steel material that holds the telescope securely with every use.
- Comes with three eyepieces that each allow for different levels of magnification.
- This model features a 12-month worry free warranty.
- An easy to use way to view any distant area the user requires, on land or in the sky.
- Simplified to view planets and galaxies.
- Does not come with its own carrying case for transport.
- No real fine adjustment on the tripod, and the mount may not tighten as much as it should.
The ultimate grab-and-go way to appreciate the universe anywhere you choose. The Orion StarBlast 4.5 Astro Reflector Telescope is always ready, even at a moment’s notice.
Orion StarBlast features a substantial 4.5” aperture, and a remarkably fast f/4 focal ratio. This telescope provides a detailed view of the moon and even distant objects such as star clusters.
Complete with two Explorer II eye pieces in different sizes. This unit also includes an EZ Finder II reflex sight, an eyepiece rack, collimation cap, Starry Night software, and more.
Designed for entry-level sky gazing and/or intermediate astronomers of all kinds, this telescope allows any user to appreciate a clear crisp view of the night sky.
- This unit comes pre-assembled so you can go from the box straight to backyard and beyond.
- From a dark location, galaxies and nebula are clear and easy to see.
- Easy to assemble and easy to use.
- Does not come with a carrying case of any kind.
- The included instructions can be difficult for some user to understand.
Which one do you think is the best telescope for viewing planets and galaxies?
This post contains affiliate links. mylisthero.com may receive compensation for purchases made through these links.